THINK Press and sustainability
Sustainability is a huge and very necessary conversation right now and ought to be something that every person and company should be thinking about and striving for. Here at Think Press it is a conversation we have been having for years and we are proud of the progress we have made in the right direction. There is still a long way to go but we want to reassure you that we are working on it.
Sadly there are certain elements of the business that require materials such as plastic and that really cannot be avoided at this time until there are technological developments that allow us to use something else. We are often recommended glass bottles but sadly as we flash freeze all of our juices upon production so that does not work for us at this time and it is a huge health and safety issue if you are transiting 15+ glass bottles in a box.
Here are some of the sustainable choices that we have made that are now non negiotables for us:
- We have a different way of producing at THINK Press. By planning our production carefully, and blast freezing our juices as soon as they’re bottled – we never have any waste. We never buy more produce than we need. Because of the blast freezing, our juices last longer than just a few days – so none are ever wasted. We use the best quality, organic produce and never want to waste a thing.
- Our customers don’t waste any juice either. The beauty of frozen is that those juices are in your freezer ready for when you want them. Only got through some of your juices? Not a problem. You can keep them in your freezer for up to 3 months.
- Our juice miles are the lowest possible. With a non frozen product we’d need to deliver every 3 days during a programme to keep the juices fresh. We do just one delivery – even for our 7 day programme, keeping your juice journey efficient. We have much lower juice miles than HPP juice companies, as we’re not transporting back and forth from a processing plant.
- Our packaging is fully recyclable. You can recycle your bottles and cardboard box with your household recycling. Our ice packs our re-usable (perfect for picnics!). Some councils will take polystyrene, and we’re working on a better long term solution for this.
- Our trimmings and pulp are all recycled in a food waste scheme – being part of an amazing process to make cleaner, better for the environment bio-fuel.
- Our production kitchen encourages sustainability initiatives all throughout our process. Our site is full of green recycling bins, and we ensure this waste is managed responsibly. From the boxes our fruit and veg is delivered in, to the packaging in our staff kitchen – we ensure nothing ends up in landfill that shouldn’t do.
- We are organic. Sustainability of the soil and environment is at the heart of organic food production. By choosing to be soil association Organic, we ensure that we are choosing the most sustainable option for our supply.
This is something really close to our heart and we are constantly striving to improve so if you do know of any alternatives or have any suggestions please do reach out. We would love to hear it.